Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Lizard Gets Disturbed


I'm happy to announce my new-found fear of lizards! Probably scarier then roaches. Just now, as I was going to bake my Shrinky Dinks, there was this big, black, lizard. Okay, maybe the lizard wasn't big, but it wasn't small either. And then, it ran away under the microwave. But another lizard just HAD to come out and hide under the toaster.

I tried hitting the counter with a fork, not knowing whether I left my mark.

Of course I couldn't use the toaster now. First of all, I didn't want the chance of the lizard dashing head-first towards me. The second reason, I didn't want the smell of fried cicak.

So I waited. And waited. I did the labels, and then I put some of the gifts in the plastic packets. I got bored and did other random stuff. I think this went on for at least 45 minutes when I started to get bold and push the oven toaster. Push, jump back in terror.

I peered under the toaster. Then under the microwave. It was under the toaster. I felt the lizard run across. AT LAST. But it wasn't safe yet. Or rather I wasn't safe yet. It was on the stove.

So I baked my stuff in fear.

2 scribbles:

Liz said...

Ahahaha. I don't particularly fear lizards. But I hate it when they run out and just dart around. Scares the s*** out of ya for a sec, don't ya think? Sheesh. Couldn't they at least warn you before they do?

Jian Lin said...

Haha. Yeah. And they seem like they're charging towards you.