Monday, August 13, 2007

Ah, Voices and Ropes

Miss Flavia seems like a person you want to please. She seems very, very strict. I cannot picture her as my piano teacher. Ethan was landed in trouble when he started twirling his paper and making her nervous. Ethan looked so unhappy acting like a goose.

I didn't imagine her to look like that. I must have remembered wrong. She will make a nice caricature with her big sneakers, large spectacles and bob hairstyle.

The story we are going to tell is fairly short and my mom is practising now. She has just finished the part where the farmer has dug the potatoes. My brother has just complained that my mom is using a baby voice. I agree! I agree! My mom is now praising herself for her nice voice. Somehow, when you tell stories to kids like me, you change your voice. Please, be yourself. The real candidates for the storyteller is aunty Thevy or Swee Bin. It will be interesting to see their different voices.

I will not be a storyteller. I shall be an assistant though I don't really enjoy children. I have had bad experiences. If my mom becomes a storyteller I do wish she will do the rope trick right. All ways stumbling when pulling the string. Never taking the first loop out. I wish this post will make her remember to do that. Not all the males managed to do the trick right at first except Daryl, who had already done that trick. Sonia and I got the trick at the start. Tells you something.

1 scribbles:

sweebin said...

I'll try to be myself...I will, I promise. The difficulty - for me - is not so much dropping the baby voice but freeing myself of what I think Flavia expects of me as one of her storytellers. As you said, and I totally agree with you, she is one person you instinctively feel you have to please! I am saying all this in my best, adult voice, by the way.