Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The First Day of M-IFW 08

Weeee! I went for the first day of the Malaysia International Fashion Week! At first the day started out horrid.

We reached there at eleven after a lot of rushing since I only woke up at ten. Then we queued up. It turned out that we were in the wrong line. So, we went to the other table.

The week before we had "registered". Registering means nil. You still have to wait until all the important people get in then they will give you tickets. So we waited. All the VIPs were late so the show only started around 11:48. Then the speaker came and said how good we were to be bright and early. The show was supposed to start at eleven.

We watched Truly Asia which was a group of designers around Asia. At first there was this weird dance thing. They all had this white make-up on their faces. Then it was PU3. My mom and I felt it was rather boring. Nothing new except for this bright pink shorts-shirt. We also feel Amber Chia is looking stick-like.

We watched designers from India, Indonesia, Korea, Japan, China and some other places.

The last one I think was still from Malaysia. It was boriing. I think the lights gave my mom a headache. And then there was this screechy, screamy music. I didn't like the fashion. Again, nothing new.

We went out of the cat-walk place. Then we went out of the Fashion week room. We were leaving the place hunting for lunch when a lady called us and stamped our hands with this red chop. When we went downstairs, we realised that the chop gave us a free, nice, buffet lunch!

We didn't know that while we were eating, the Villiam Ooi show was on. We missed it. I hadn't expected the show to be on time.

We went back in the Fashion Week place and waited and waited for at least an hour. Luckily I persuaded my mom to ask if the red chop could get us in. It couldn't. So we had to get the "free seating" tickets. When we went back in the queue had already started for the MIFA 8 fashion forward. But it was blue tickets, or rather important people, first. Ours was black. So we waited. Then, one of the volunteers came and gave us each a blue ticket!

Muahahaha. For once I was a VIP. I got a fuschia sticker instead of a green one. The seating was by number. My mom keeps on saying that "angels" were watching. Har. The seats were much closer to the cat-walk so I think my mom could see the faces of the models more.

The competition was nice. I think I prefered it to Truly Asia even though the designers were not so experienced. I think it didn't make me so tired either.

Tommorow I'm going again! Though I have CAD so I will miss a show.

YWC!

3 scribbles:

Kyels said...

PU3 has some pretty decent stuffs b/c I did a portfolio for them before during my university's fashion show and they sponsored some clothes for the models. I've to miss this year's Fashion Week. No friends to go w/. HAHAHA!

:P

Jian Lin said...

YOU WENT TO THE LAST ONE?

Jian Lin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.